Sunday, November 6, 2016

2016 in a Day





"I know it gets dark, but there's always a light."

I know it's a bit early to reflect, but this year has been good.
Maybe I choose to see the good,
But shouldn't we all.
If we didn't go through obstacles we wouldn't understand what it is to appreciate,
To cherish,
To remember fondly.

This summer was a bit of a struggle,
As I've previously stated.
But I pushed through.
I kept standing up after being knocked down.
And I achieved the goal I set for myself at the beginning of this year.
How crazy is that?

Each year, in January, I write down some artistic goals I want to accomplish.
This year, my goal was to get into one show that I needed to ship my painting to.
A small goal, perhaps.
But I am terribly unsettled by not being in control of the transport of my paintings.
Well, I made it.
I actually shipped 2 paintings to 2 different shows,
In 2 different states that I've never shown art in before.
What an overwhelmingly heart-filled feeling.

Thanks goes to Emerge Gallery and Art Space in NY,
Who had an adorable show exhibiting small works of art.
And thanks goes to 311 Gallery in NC,
For honoring and supporting square artwork.

There's nothing left in this year that can bring me down.
Bring on the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment