Friday, March 14, 2014

Obsessed

An obsession:

A domination of thoughts by a persistent _____
(image, idea, desire, feeling, etc.)

An impulse that continually forces its way into consciousness

An action of anything which engrosses the mind

A possession...without the spirit actually inhabiting the body

An insane burning or longing for someone or something

A dedication.


It is often peculiar how one word can cascade so many different, yet similar, meanings and explanations.
So what is the true definition?
You either define it yourself, based off your knowledge.
Or you let THEM define it for you.
Neither is the wrong way.
Neither is right.

Today, I grew an obsession.
Her name is Sara Pedigo. And she lives in Florida.
I am so....lost in her work right now, I can't properly describe it.
For now, I will leave a few comments, but mainly let the work speak for itself.


This painting caught my eye initially.
"She likes painting stripes too!"
But looking further into her work (http://theongoingprocess.blogspot.com/http://www.sarapedigo.com/s/Sara_Pedigo.html),
I stumbled upon what she calls "The Tiny-Smalls":




First of all,
Palette knife.
Secondly,
I'm 88% sure these paintings are 2x3 inches! How adorable they must be in person. In her blog, she has a picture of them lined up on top of a larger painting.
If you wanna be a real creep like me, go to her blog and go to the entry from May 18, 2011. There are much more than just three of these little guys.
Thirdly,
Earth tones.

So....when can we be friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment