Monday, March 3, 2014

Watercolorists

Do you ever see an image or read an artist statement and immediately connect with the image or words?
That "yes!" is what I experienced today.
As I casually was looking through a Cheap Joes catalog, admiring all the brand new art supplies, I came across the "Artist Workshops" section. And I fell in love.
I have always admired watercolorists; I even sometimes try technics I've seen, aspiring to be as detail-oriented as those that can manipulate water.
But when I came across Ted Nuttall's artist statement, I felt a connection.
"For as long as I can remember, I have been a fascinated spectator of human behavior – the quintessential people watcher. I naturally seek the unique character in everyone I encounter. "
Yes! He knows exactly how I feel! And yet, his paintings express it in a completely different manner than mine.
But isn't that the beauty of it all?
Individualism.
Simply titled: She was waiting for someone
Beautiful.
http://www.tednuttall.com/

My next relatable artist was Cathy Taylor. She peaked my interest with her mixed media collages.
"Her water media artwork is a celebration of the patterns, textures, and color found in the natural environment."
I've always been drawn to earth tones and natural processes, especially textures that emphasize nature.
She also did some beautiful pieces with old books. What a visually pleasing site!
Here's her mixed media piece.
This one I just love. It's called "Grandma's Attic."
http://ctaylorart.com/

Unfortunately, the other watercolorists that inspired me enough to research them online were more for commercial profit, showing available prices of artwork on their websites. Not my forte.

Regardless, I feel exuberant!
I think I'll go paint for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment