Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Stumbling

Why is it so bad to stumble?
Sometimes a scrape on the knee can be a good thing.
It's humorous, almost always with me.
Tells a story if it bruises or scars.
And is a reminder of a moment in time.
I thrive on reminders
And memories.
A stumble is just a rockier path to moving forward.

A stumble can also lead you to things you normally wouldn't have noticed,
If indeed, you did not stumble upon them.
Today I stumbled onto an artist.
I was researching Christine D'Epiro Abbott.
I love her work. http://www.christinedepiroabbott.com/
It reminds me so much of mine
And what I hope to acquire.
Especially after my last blog entry;
She connects flatness with fluidity.
 More representational.
 Linear, bright interiors.
And my favorite, her collages.

While drooling over her images online, I happened upon an artist named Benjamin Cohen.
From London,
Which I always admire, being British and all.
His work immediately reminded me of Jenny Saville,
One of my favorite modern painters.
Same color, speed, and gory associations. http://www.benjamincohenstudio.com/recent-work/#prettyPhoto
But my favorites
Are his compilations of people.
Sterile, earthy colors.
Drips.
Figures.
This is what I am about.
Finally,
One more.
I think this is my favorite of the day.
I want this painting.
So today's stumbling
Has been inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment