Monday, June 11, 2012

Artistically worn, artistically made, artistically admired

In brief moments, things are discovered.
I came across an artist today that caught my attention.
His name is Leonce Raphael Agbodjelou, and he was born in Benin.
He is an incredible portrait photographer, and it seems he is a relatively new artist.
He is part of the exhibit Out of Focus: Photography at the Jack Bell Gallery in London.
I was just captivated by his images.


There's a simplicity and vibrance of color that draws me in. So rich in culture and texture, both of which I am also experimenting with in my artwork.


His color palette is sophisticated, capturing the softness of earth tones.
These were just my two favorite pieces. He's had four shows, and his other work is full of pattern and eye-catching contrasts.
It was a lovely stumble I came upon.
I hope to see more from him.
Here's a little more information and images of his, if you were interested.

http://www.jackbellgallery.com/leonce.html

As for my progress? I am also working on increasing my patience level.

No comments:

Post a Comment