Saturday, June 9, 2012

A not too distant memory

Ah, Saturday. There's just something about the weekend that has everyone smiling.
Last Saturday was an especially delightful day. I spent almost the entire day driving out to Youngwood, PA right by Pittsburg for an art exhibition I had the fortune of being in. It was called the Westmoreland County Community College Exhibition and featured over 99 artists, including a performance artist! It was an incredible event, beautifully curated by the young Dan Overdorff, who I had the fortune of meeting.
It is a truly wonderful feeling to see my artwork on display next to other accomplished artists all over the United States.



Strangely enough, my outfit even matched my painting. Talk about dedication. Here's another painting I'm very proud of, my very first in my series.


It's right above my head, also similar color palette. Surprisingly enough, it was placed right next to my great friend Katie Hosler's abstract painting. No wonder we did a relatively successful collaborative show together.
This painting is actually supposed to be in another show the curator is hosting called the Westmoreland Arts and Heritage Festival which is from July 2 to July 8, I believe. Unfortunately, I can't make it out to Youngwood for that show. It sounds entertaining.

So many artists, so many artworks, great new material for new paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment